The AktiMate active speaker system, designed in Australia, uses loudspeaker driver technology licensed from the legendary British company Epos.
The design of its in-built 40 Watt amplifier was overseen by Michael Creek of Creek Audio Limited.
Quality sound reproduction was paramount in the design of this exciting product, evidenced by the fact it has been two years in the making.
This is a serious loudspeaker, first and foremost – but with so many applications and fun additions, absolutely everyone will want to own it!
- Configuration: 2-Way Active Bookshelf Speakers (1 Active master speaker and 1 Passive slave speaker)
- Power Output: 40W into its own 4 Ohm speaker load
- Woofer: 130mm (5.25 ins) mid/bass with moulded polypropylene cone. Shielded magnet. (Licensed from Epos Ltd - U.K.)
- Tweeter: 25 mm (1 in) metal dome with neodymium magnet (Licensed from Epos Ltd. - U.K.)
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 22kHz +/- 1.5dB
- Power Amplifier: Type Class A/B (built in) 40 Watts per channel RMS, Nat-Semi LM4766 Overture™, Burr-Brown PGA2311 digitally controlled analogue volume control
- Transformer: 120W Toroidal power transformer
- Inputs: 1 Pair RCA Stereo Sockets, 1 x 3.5 mm Jack plug,
Apple iPod dock
- Outputs: 1 Pair RCA Stereo Sockets (un-filtered) for connection of subwoofer or to daisy-chain to second pair, Video output
- Connections: USB (for charging iPod or MP3 players only)
- THD: <0.05%
- Crosstalk: <50dB
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms unbalanced
- Passive Speaker Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection, replaceable external mains fuse
- Mains Voltage: 240/120V 50/60Hz
- Inclusions: Right angled IEC power cord, 3-metres of connecting speaker cable, iPod connector accessory pack, IR remote control handset, 4mm Banana plugs
- Size: 300 x 185 x 210 mm /12 x 7½ x 8½ ins
- Weight: 12 Kgs /26½ lbs
- white color